Friday, September 28, 2012

Fiesta Shrimp

Happy Friday everyone!

This week's recipe is a great way to use some left overs in combination to create a whole new dish.

Left me briefly explain what I mean.

This past week I had the pleasure to attend a small birthday celebration (a picnic on the beach) where I provided chips and salsa. Instead of buying salsa I decided to make my own by chopping tomato, onions, bell peppers, jalapeƱos with juice and seasoning with a bit of salt and pepper (typically I add cilantro as well, but the store was out on this particular day, so I omitted it and tossed in a few parsley flakes instead). I ended up making more than we needed, and while the chips were gone, I had a bit of leftover salsa. Since I didn't want to buy a whole new bag of chips I decided to find another way to use the salsa.

Also I should explain, that while rice is simple enough to make I find it to be more time consuming than the rest of the prep for most dishes. Since I don't have a rice maker, I typically find myself making at least double amount of rice each time I do cook it just to avoid having to repeat the process more often.

Okay, enough with the explanations and back story and on with this week's recipe...

Fiesta Shrimp:

You will need-

Frozen salad shrimp (rinse under cold running water for about 3 mins)

One serving brown or golden basmati rice

2-3 generous spoonfuls of salsa

Lime juice

Salt and pepper

Dash of hot sauce

Directions-

Cook or re-heat rice and set aside
In small pan heat salad shrimp, adding a couple squeezes of lime juice, the hot sauce and salt and pepper.
Plate rice and shrimp together. Top with salsa and enjoy!

Please feel free to leave comments below and share your favorite leftover favs.

No comments:

Post a Comment