Friday, April 6, 2012

Soup and scallops

Happy Friday everyone!

Today I'm going to share a simple meal suggestion that I made for my own lunch just the other day.

Start to finish this meal takes less than 10 minutes to prepare.

You will need: 1 single serving of frozen scallops (available for $1/ package at Albertsons) a handful of fresh baby spinach, yellow mustard, Tamari (gluten free soy sauce), black pepper, parsley, and organic tomato soup. I like the roasted red pepper one from Trader Joe's. (yes, it is gluten free!)

Directions: Heat small skillet to med-high temp, spray pan with non-stick cooking spray, toss in frozen scallops (cooking for about 4-5 mins). While the scallops are starting to cook, heat 1 cup of soup in a microwave safe bowl or mug (high power 2 mins.) Drizzle mustard and Tamari directly into the pan with the scallops, stirring occasionally. Season with ground black pepper. Once soup is finished heating, remove from microwave and sprinkle with a dash of dried parsley. Rinse one generous handful of fresh spinach and have it waiting on a plate nearby. When the scallops have finished cooking immediately remove from pan and spoon onto the bed of spinach.

Hope you enjoy this deliciously simple idea as much as I did :)





Disclaimer: I am in no way an expert in nutrition, fitness or any other dietary science. My suggestions should be taken as such and are not meant to replace medical advice. If you have a serious condition or severe allergies please do your own research and/or consult a doctor or other professional.
That said, I am giving you real examples from my personal journey. I am happy to pass along what I am discovering and maybe someone out there, who is going thru a similar process, will benefit from one of my stories or tips. For the sake of this blog I will assume that anyone reading and attempting to prepare meals for themselves has at least a very basic knowledge of cooking and can find their way around a kitchen without every step being spelled out. I feel like this is a reasonable pre-requisite so please don't send me any angry letters if you attempt to burn down your own kitchen while deep frying pancakes or the like (don't laugh - a former roommate nearly accomplished just such a feat... I could not make this stuff up!) :p

No comments:

Post a Comment