Friday, August 24, 2012

Black bean salad

A few days ago, a co-worker mentioned eating a delicious black bean salad and it got me thinking... Why not try my hand at making my own? I was presently surprised at how simple, yet tasty this recipe turned out. I will certainly be making this one again.

Ingredients-

1 can black beans, strained and rinsed

1/4 cup canned sweet corn (drained and rinsed)

1/8 of a green bell pepper, diced

Finely diced white onion (about equal parts with pepper)

1 medium Roma tomato, chopped

1 jalapeƱo, diced (I also like to use a splash of the juice as well)

Juice of about 1 lime (or 2-3 squeezes of lime juice)

Season with salt, pepper, and parsley

Directions-
Mix all ingredients in medium bowl, stir, and chill for about 20 mins

Serving suggestion-
Pair with tortilla chips or serve as side dish with your favorite summer dinner.

Tip: if you double or triple this recipe it would make a great passing dish for your next gathering or potluck.

No comments:

Post a Comment