Friday, August 10, 2012

Last night's dinner

Sometimes it's not always trying out a new recipe that can spice up the ordinary dinner routine, but rather trying out new combinations or adding a twist to an old favorite. Last night I didn't really know what I felt like having for dinner so thought I would simply see what I could make using all ingredients I already had. I opened the freezer and discovered some fillets of Pollack and some frozen snow peas. That seemed like a good start... I first defrosted the fish, and made a light breading (using coconut flour, lime juice, and various spices). I preheated a skillet, greased it with a small amount of olive oil, and cooked the breaded fish for about 3 mins on each side. Meanwhile I "baked" a potato in the microwave and started boiling a small pan of salted water for the snow peas. Once everything had finished cooking I realized that the fish might also be good in a salad, so I chopped up about half of the fish and tossed it with romaine salad mix, tomatoes, and italian dressing. All in under 15 mins start to finish I had made a very filling, yet simple meal.

Pictured below:
fish, salad, and snow peas with a garlic baked potato
(topped with margarine, salt and pepper and a bit of garlic powder)

What did you make for dinner last night? Feel free to share your creations in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment