Friday, November 16, 2012

I am thankful for... Pt 1

In the spirit of Thanksgiving I have decided to spend a couple posts sharing a few things I am thankful for.

I am thankful that I have been able to discover how food affects me and am continually learning new way to avoid the adverse affects. I am grateful that I live in a time when food allergies are beginning to be taken more seriously and are becoming increasingly recognized. Even a few years ago it would have been much more difficult to maintain a gluten free diet. Now because of a greater awareness and more proficient labeling on most food products it is manageable. I am also thankful that I live in an area of the country that keeps up with food trends and offers options to people with restrictive diets. Having worked in food service, I understand how annoying modifications can be sometimes, but for those who do take the time to double check ingredient lists for me or allow substitutions I really do appreciate it. I also am glad to have access to a growing number of resources for tips and recipes. Speaking of which, I just purchased a gluten-free cook book which I am looking forward to trying out and sharing the results with you in future posts.

Next week I will be posting part 2 of this article. Until then please feel free to share any shout outs or bits of thankfulness that you have relating to your own journey with healthier eating, solo dining or cooking for people with allergies.

No comments:

Post a Comment