Friday, November 23, 2012

I am thankful for... Pt 2

Happy Black Friday everyone,

Hope everyone got the deals that you were looking for. I on the other hand avoided the crowds and am spending at least one more day sharing what I am thankful for before jumping right into the holiday hustle and bustle. As I mentioned last week, even though my restrictive diet can seem difficult to deal with I am very thankful that it continues to get easier with time. I am thankful for the number of things that I can eat, and that my allergies are not worse. I am so grateful that I don't have a severe or life-threatening reaction and that, even though they can be aggravating, they do not cause more permanent damage to my health. I briefly mentioned how much it means for someone to take the time to answer questions, double check ingredients and make exceptions for me. But when friends, and coworkers go out of their way to try to understand and accommodate and include me instead of disregarding my allergy it doesn't go unnoticed.

I am also thankful for this experience of blogging and being able to document and share my journey. The recipes I have created are dishes I have prepared for myself and it keeps me creative and I hope maybe someday I can help make someone else's journey a little easier too. It can hard enough to be inspired to cook a single meal, or find heathy recipes, while staying on a budget but throw in a even shorter list of ingredients that you can use and the task can seem downright daunting. However, I am living proof it is not impossible! Sometimes it can even be fun, and turn out pretty tasty.
Overall I am thankful that I feel healthier and more in control of my body than I have in the past. For me, not knowing what foods were affecting me (or even if it was food related) or how each ingredient played a role was much more frustrating than making an effort to avoid a few items now.

I hope you'll continue to join me as kept learning and moving forward on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment